Good hand hygiene is critical in preventing the spread of germs in dental practices. Here are 5 simple steps that you can take to improve hand hygiene compliance in your dental practice:
- Ensure that sanitising bottles or dispensers are conveniently located throughout your practice.
- Increase monitoring and surveillance.
- Choose hand hygiene products that your staff like using.
- Use signage throughout your practice to promote hand hygiene (e.g. How to Handrub, 5 Moments of Hand Hygiene)
- Encourage all levels of staff and management to work together and communicate in order to promote a culture of hand hygiene safety.